Sunday, September 16, 2012

okay, enough farming!  I had to take a day off, so I went hiking in the mountains for a few hours.  This is my favorite time of the year, the Aspens are just starting to turn color.
As an added bonus on my way home I picked a shopping bag of pears that will last for a long time if I can find a cool spot in the house to keep them.
I am getting a bit tried of trying to keep up with all the abundance of the garden, but will tackle making sauerkraut in the next days.  Food processors make short work of shredding, or actually slicing the cabbage.  Then I have this super healthy raw food that keeps for months!  I have also been making other fermented vegetables.  My version of Kim Chee.  I will post a few photos and recipe suggestions later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment